Monday, March 3, 2008

Kelly's Corner


Hot off the press!!! "And the rest of the day to ye!”
This month is a great one for me! I get to celebrate my Irish Heritage. In case you didn’t know I’m an “Irish Jack”. What’s that? A drink ye say????Let me explain….Parson Jack Russells were born and bred in England and are notoriously known as being ‘Ratters” (killing rats). They are taller than I am and have longer legs. However, the Irish started their own breed called Irish Shorties or Puddin’s. Basically I am a dwarf of the Parsons breed, (short legs). We are on many farms in Ireland and are considered to be the family dog. I love to run in open fields and jump over the hedgerows.
A Cead Mile Failte ( a hundred thousand welcomes)goes out to my new Scottish Terrier friends in Walden Green, “MacKenzie and Toloura” are their names. They will be celebrating with me this month. ….Happy St. Patricks Day ! Cheers! …..Kelly